Date(s) - 04/13/2017
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Proper export documentation is key for quicker customs clearance and while your product is in transit to its destination. This program will help you understand how to correctly complete international shipping documents. Learn what documents you should be filling out and how to do so accurately to keep your customers, distributors and company ahead of schedule and save time.
The following topics will be covered:
- Commercial Terms/INCO Terms 2010: Background on INCOTERMS, incorporation within the international sale contract, definitions and review of elements
- Commercial and Legal Documents: Pro forma invoice, commercial invoice, packing list, country specific documents, certificates of origin, consular documents and more
- Customs Related Exports: Immediate exportation, transportation & exportation entry, ATA carnet, TIB cancellations, and duty drawback
- Shipper’s Declaration/ AES Filing: Requirements for filing with AES, USPPI and routed export transaction rules, proper preparation, exemptions, and methods of filing
- Classification under Harmonized Tariff Systems: Structure of the Schedule B, General Rules of Interpretation, numbering structure and nomenclature
- Transportation and Freight Rates: Modes of transport, inland freight, air, ocean, multi-modal, types of transport documents, coordination of documents & cargo, and certificates of insurance
About our Presenter:
Bob Imbriani has been in the international/domestic transportation and logistics field for over four decades. He has held various senior executive positions with major U.S. Customs brokers/freight forwarders. He is currently Executive Vice President, International for Team Worldwide. Mr. Imbriani is a well-known speaker and educator in the areas of trade compliance, contract negations, transportation, logistic/supply chain solutions, customs brokerage, trade development and financial services. He is an adjunct professor in these areas at Baruch College and Pace University in New York.
Bookings are closed for this event.